Are you tired of seeing the same PowerPoints repeating overused and unoriginal school presentation ideas covering repeated topics in your classes?
You know what I’m talking about; we’ve all been there, and sat through yawn-worthy demonstrations, slides, or presentation videos covering everything from the solar system, someone’s favorite pet, past presidents of a country, to why E=mC squared.
From grade school to university, first graders to college students, we are obligated to create, perform, and observe academic presentations across a plethora of curriculums and classes, and not all of these public speaking opportunities fall into the category of an ‘interesting topic’.
Yet, have no fear! Here at Piktochart, we are here to help you and your classmates. From giving examples of creative and even interactive presentation ideas, providing presentation videos, and suggesting interactive activities to give your five minutes of fame the ‘wow’ factor that it deserves, this article is your guide!
Our massive collection of unique school and college presentation ideas and templates applies if you’re:
- A teacher looking to make your class more engaging and fun with student presentations.
- A student who wants to impress your teacher and the rest of the class with a thought-provoking, interesting topic.
A Curated List of Interesting Topics for School Presentations
Did you know that when it comes to presentations, the more students involved improves retention? The more you know! Yet sometimes, you need a little help to get the wheels moving in your head for your next school presentation.
The great thing about these ideas and topics is you can present them either in face-to-face classes or virtual learning sessions.
Each school presentation idea or topic below also comes with a template that you can use. Create a free Piktochart account to try our presentation maker and get access to the high-quality version of the templates. You can also check out our Piktochart for Education plan.
Want to watch this blog post in video format? The video below is for you!
The templates are further divided into the following categories covering the most popular and best presentation topics. Click the links below to skip to a specific section.
- Unique science presentation topics to cultivate curiosity in class
- Engaging culture and history presentation ideas to draw inspiration from
- Health class presentation topics to help students make healthy lifestyle decisions
- Data visualization ideas to help students present an overwhelming amount of data and information into clear, engaging visuals
- First day of school activity ideas to foster classroom camaraderie
- Communication and media topics to teach students the importance of effective communication
- Topics to help students prepare for life after school
We hope this list will inspire you and help you nail your next school presentation activity.
Unique Science Presentation Topics to Cultivate Curiosity in Class
Science is a broad field and it’s easy to feel overwhelmed with too many topics to choose for your next presentation.
Cultivate curiosity in the science classroom with the following unique and creative presentation ideas and topics:
1. Can life survive in space?
2. Do plants scream when they’re in pain?
3. What are the traits of successful inventors?
4. How vaccines work
5. Massive destruction of the Koala’s habitat in Australia
6. Left brain versus right brain
7. What are great sources of calcium?
Get access to high-quality, unique school presentation templates by Piktochart for Education.
Create and collaborate in the classroom using Piktochart’s customizable and printable templates for your school reports, presentations, and infographics.Try Piktochart for free
8. Recycling facts you need to know
9. Do you have what it takes to be a NASA astronaut?
10. The rise of robots and AI: Should we be afraid of them?
11. How far down does the sea go?
12. The stages of sleep
13. Will Mars be our home in 2028?
14. A quick look at laboratory safety rules
15. The first person in history to break the sound barrier
Engaging Culture and History Presentation Ideas to Draw Inspiration From
History is filled with equally inspiring and terrifying stories, and there are lessons that students can learn from the events of the past. Meanwhile, interactive presentations about culture help students learn and embrace diversity.
16. Women in history: A conversation through time
17. The sweet story of chocolate
18. A history lesson with a twist
19. The history of basketball
20. The origin of the Halloween celebration
21. AI History
22. What you need to know about New Zealand
23. 1883 volcanic eruption of Krakatoa
24. Roman structures: 2000 years of strength
25. The most famous art heists in history
26. Elmo: The story behind a child icon
27. 10 things you should know before you visit South Korea
28. 8 things you didn’t know about these 8 countries
Health Class Presentation Topics to Help Students Make Healthy Lifestyle Decisions
According to the CDC, school-based health education contributes to the development of functional health knowledge among students. It also helps them adapt and maintain health-promoting behaviors throughout their lives.
The following examples of health and wellness interactive presentations include fun ideas and topics that are a good start.
29. How to look after your mental health?
30. The eradication of Polio
31. How to have a healthy lifestyle
32. 10 handwashing facts
33. Myths and facts about depression
34. Hacks for making fresh food last longer
35. Ways to avoid spreading the coronavirus
36. Mask protection in 5 simple steps
37. Everything you need to know about the flu
38. All about stress: Prevention, tips, and how to cope
39. The importance of sleep
40. Is milk tea bad for you?
41. How to boost happiness in 10 minutes
42. How dirty are debit and credit cards
43. Why do you need sunscreen protection
Data Visualization Ideas to Help Students Present Overwhelming Amounts of Data in Creative Ways
Data visualization is all about using visuals to make sense of data. Students need to pull the main points from their extensive research, and present them by story telling while being mindful of their classmates’ collective attention span.
As far as student assignments go, this is a daunting task for students and teachers alike. Inspire your class to be master data storytellers with the following data visualization ideas:
44. Are we slowly losing the Borneo rainforest?
45. Skateboard deck design over the years
46. Food waste during the Super Bowl
47. The weight of the tallest building in the world
48. Infographic about data and statistics
49. Stats about cyberbullying
50. How whales combat climate change
First Day of School Interactive Activity Ideas to Foster Whole-class-Camaraderie
Calling all teachers! Welcome your new students and start the school year with the following back-to-school creative presentation ideas and relevant templates for first-day-of-school activities.
These interactive presentations grab the attention of your students and are remarkably easy to execute (which is the main educator’s goal after all)!
51. Meet the teacher
52. Example: all about me
54. Tips on how to focus on schoolwork
55. Course plan and schedule
56. Interpreting a student’s report card (for parents)
57. Introduction of classroom rules
58. Assignment schedule
59. Daily planner
60. Course syllabus presentation
61. How to write a class presentation
Topics to Teach Students the Importance of Effective Communication
Visual media helps students retain more of the concepts taught in the classroom. The following media topics and infographic templates can help you showcase complex concepts in a short amount of time.
In addition, interactive presentation activities using these templates also encourage the development of a holistic learning process in the classroom because they help focus on the three domains of learning: cognitive, affective, and psychomotor.
62. Interactive presentation do’s and don’ts
63. How to create an infographic
64. How to improve your internet security and privacy
65. What is design thinking?
66. What are your favorite software tools to use in the classroom?
Presentation Topic Ideas to Help Students Prepare for Life After School
One of the things that makes teaching a rewarding career is seeing your students take the learning and knowledge you’ve instilled in them, and become successful, productive adults.
From pitching a business idea to starting your podcast, the following topics are good starting points to prepare students for the challenges after graduation (aka adulting 101):
67. How to make a resume
68. How to start a startup
69. Credit card vs. debit card
70. Pros and cons of cryptocurrency
71. How to save on travel
72. How to do a SWOT analysis
73. How to pitch a business idea
74. Habits of successful people
75. Starting your own podcast: A checklist
Find out how a high school teacher like Jamie Barkin uses Piktochart to improve learning in the classroom for her students.
Make School Presentation Visuals Without the Hassle of Making Them From Scratch
School presentations, when done right, can help teachers engage their classes and improve students’ education effectively, by presenting information using the right presentation topic.
If you’re pressed for time and resources to make your school presentation visuals, choose a template from Piktochart’s template gallery. Aside from the easy customization options, you can also print and download these templates to your preferred format.
Piktochart also professional templates to create infographics, posters, brochures, reports, and more.
Creating school-focused, engaging, and interactive presentations can be tedious at first, but with a little bit of research and Piktochart’s handy templates, you’re going to do a great job!
The future of learning is interactivity and collaboration.
Foster interactive and collaborative learning using Piktochart for Education. Share your work, get feedback, and brainstorm on the fly. With Piktochart, everyone’s on the same page. Finally.Get Piktochart for Education