Are you tired of the usual and overused school presentation ideas and topics?
The solar system, your favorite pet, a list of past presidents in your country, national flags of different countries, and so on.
If you answered yes, you’ve come to the right place.
This massive collection of unique school presentation ideas and templates is for you if:
- You’re a teacher looking to make your class more engaging and fun with student presentations
- You’re a student who wants to impress your teacher and the rest of the class with a thought-provoking, engaging topic
A curated list of interesting topics for school presentations
Sometimes, you need a little help to get the wheels moving in your head for your next school presentation.
The great thing about these ideas and topics is you can present them either in face-to-face classes or virtual learning sessions.
Want to watch this blog post in video format? The video below is for you!
The templates are further divided into the following categories. Click the links below to skip to a specific section.
- Unique science presentation topics to cultivate curiosity in class
- Engaging culture and history presentation ideas to draw inspiration from
- Health class presentation topics to help students make healthy lifestyle decisions
- Data visualization ideas to help students present an overwhelming amount of data and information into clear, engaging visuals
- First day of school activity ideas to foster classroom camaraderie
- Communication and media topics to teach students the importance of effective communication
- Topics to help students prepare for life after school
We hope this list will inspire you and help you nail your next school presentation activity.
Unique science presentation topics to cultivate curiosity in class
Science is a broad field and it’s easy to feel overwhelmed with too many topics to choose for your next presentation.
Cultivate curiosity in the classroom with the following unique science presentation ideas and topics:
1. Can life survive in space?
2. Do plants scream when they’re in pain?
3. What are the traits of successful inventors?
4. How vaccines work
5. Massive destruction of the Koala’s habitat in Australia
6. Left brain versus right brain
7. What are great sources of calcium?
Get access to high-quality, unique school presentation templates by Piktochart for Education.
Create and collaborate in the classroom using Piktochart’s customizable and printable templates for your school reports, presentations, and infographics.Try Piktochart for free
8. Recycling facts you need to know
9. Do you have what it takes to be a NASA astronaut?
10. The rise of robots and AI: Should we be afraid of them?
11. How far down does the sea go?
12. The stages of sleep
13. Will Mars be our home in 2028?
14. A quick look at laboratory safety rules
15. The first person in history to break the sound barrier
Engaging culture and history presentation ideas to draw inspiration from
History is filled with equally inspiring and terrifying stories, and there are lessons that students can learn from the events of the past. Meanwhile, presentations about culture help students embrace diversity.
16. Women in history: A conversation through time
17. The sweet story of chocolate
18. A history lesson with a twist
19. The history of basketball
20. The origin of the Halloween celebration
21. AI History
22. What you need to know about New Zealand
23. 1883 volcanic eruption of Krakatoa
24. Roman structures: 2000 years of strength
25. The most famous art heists in history
26. Elmo: The story behind a child icon
27. 10 things you should know before you visit South Korea
28. 8 things you didn’t know about these 8 countries
Health class presentation topics to help students make healthy lifestyle decisions
According to the CDC, school-based health education contributes to the development of functional health knowledge among students. It also helps them adapt and maintain health-promoting behaviors throughout their lives.
The following health and wellness presentation ideas and topics are a good start.
29. How to look after your mental health?
30. The eradication of Polio
31. How to have a healthy lifestyle
32. 10 handwashing facts
33. Myths and facts about depression
34. Hacks for making fresh food last longer
35. Ways to avoid spreading the coronavirus
36. Mask protection in 5 simple steps
37. Everything you need to know about the flu
38. All about stress: Prevention, tips, and how to cope
39. The importance of sleep
40. Is milk tea bad for you?
41. How to boost happiness in 10 minutes
42. How dirty are debit and credit cards
43. Why do you need sunscreen protection
Data visualization ideas to help students present an overwhelming amount of data and information into clear, engaging visuals
Data visualization is all about using visuals to make sense of data. Inspire your class to be master data storytellers with the following data visualization ideas:
44. Are we slowly losing the Borneo rainforest?
45. Skateboard deck design over the years
46. Food waste during the Super Bowl
47. The weight of the tallest building in the world
48. Infographic about data and statistics
49. Stats about cyberbullying
50. How whales combat climate change
First day of school activity ideas to foster classroom camaraderie
Welcome your new students and start the school year with the following back-to-school presentation ideas and templates for first-day-of-school activities.
51. Meet the teacher
52. All about me
54. Tips on how to focus on schoolwork
55. Course plan and schedule
56. Interpreting a student’s report card (for parents)
57. Introduction of classroom rules
58. Assignment schedule
59. Daily planner
60. Course syllabus presentation
61. How to create a class presentation
Communication and media topics to teach students the importance of effective communication
Visual media helps students retain more of the concepts taught in the classroom. The following media topics and infographic templates can help you showcase complex concepts in a short amount of time.
In addition, presentation activities using these templates also encourage the development of a holistic learning process in the classroom because they help focus on the three domains of learning: cognitive, affective, and psychomotor.
62. Presentation do’s and don’ts
63. How to create an infographic
64. How to improve your internet security and privacy
65. What is design thinking?
66. What are your favorite software tools to use in the classroom?
Topics and presentation ideas to help students prepare for life after school
One of the things that makes teaching a rewarding career is seeing your students become successful, productive adults.
From pitching a business idea to starting your podcast, the following topics are good starting points to prepare students for the challenges after graduation (aka adulting 101):
67. How to make a resume
68. How to start a startup
69. Credit card vs. debit card
70. Pros and cons of cryptocurrency
71. How to save on travel
72. How to do a SWOT analysis
73. How to pitch a business idea
74. Habits of successful people
75. Starting your own podcast: A checklist
Make school presentation visuals without the hassle of making them from scratch
School presentations, when done right, can help teachers and students effectively convey information.
If you’re pressed for time and resources to make your school presentation visuals, choose a template from Piktochart’s template gallery. Aside from the easy customization options, you can also print and download these templates to your preferred format.
Creating school presentations can be tedious at first, but with a little bit of research and Piktochart’s handy templates, you’re going to do a great job!
The future of learning is interactivity and collaboration.
Foster interactive and collaborative learning using Piktochart for Education. Share your work, get feedback, and brainstorm on the fly. With Piktochart, everyone’s on the same page. Finally.Get Piktochart for Education