Marketing ideas differ greatly on the content and the purpose of your infographic.
1. Do the bare essentials and cover your bases.
- Put it on a blog post (or embed directly on Piktochart.com – a feature coming soon)
- Share the URL using Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon
- Do not forget to Pinterest it
- You can also try Reddit, Digg if your content is relevant to these websites
2. Schedule your tweets on regular intervals with different headlines, linking back to the infographic. You can Tweet about 10 times about the infographic.
3. PR effort. Identify top industry blogs and sites that are relevant to your infographic. Reaching out to this community will benefit you in many ways than just gaining links. Keep a directory (I usually do this on Google Docs) on the people you have contacted by industry and ensure that you remain in conversation with them long after you have created the infographic.
If the infographic consists of two different opinions, you could perhaps get a representative from both sides to evaluate the content and join the conversation. Be creative about it!
4.PR Press release. This is not a method we have tried before but we are getting there. We learnt from some PR experts that press releases can work really well when accompanied with a genuine eye-grabbing infographic with novel content that has not been seen before. As always, the rule of the thumb is, the infographic does not make the information useful. An infographic accentuates the information that you have.
5. More sharing. Go all out and share your infographic via Slideshare, Docstoc, Scribd.
6. Videos. Create a video screencast of how the infographic was constructed or have a voice over the infographic explaining various parts in more details. You can also interview different people on their perspectives on the topic that was talked about on the infographic. Afterall, an infographic is meant to generate and spark conversations.
At the end of the day, infographics are another medium to enable more conversations. It does not mean however that once created, an infographic is viral by nature. By following all of the steps, you will be able to create something which is not only powerful, but creates more ROI for your company as compared to traditional advertising.
We hope these tips have been helpful, and if you have more to add to the list, please tweet us @piktochart and we will be happy to include your thoughts on this page.