Update: We’ve recently published a series of tips on how to use Piktochart to create creative and engaging infographics. While we won’t promise that it’ll take five minutes, but you can certainly halve your design time (or more) by trying these six hacks, too.
This article can help you if you are worried about creating infographic from scratch. In this post, you will learn how to create infographic in five minutes using Piktochart.
Step 1: Login and select a theme
First, log in to magic.piktochart to begin. You will see four infographic formats.
Select Infographic templates.
Browse for an infographic theme you like. You can narrow down the categories by using the search tool.
Mouse-over the theme you want and select Create.
Step 2: Configure your canvas
The canvas comes in multiple blocks. You can setup each block depending on your needs.
- To add a new block, select Add Block ( ).
- To delete a block, select Delete Block ( ).
- To duplicate a block, select Clone Block ( ).
- To change the sequence of the block, toggle Move Up or Move Down ( ) accordingly.
To set the size of a block, select Settings ( ) and change the sizes accordingly.
Step 3: Edit your content.
Edit the text of your content by double-clicking on the text box.
To change the font types, size, alignment and colors, use the editing toolbar.
To add more text boxes. Go to Text on the left panel and select the style as desired.
Step 4: Add graphics via drag and drop.
You can add shapes, lines, icons or photos to your content. Select Graphics on the left panel.
Then, browse for the icon or photo you would like to add.
Or search for the icons using the search toolbar.
Drag and drop the icon on the canvas block as desired. Use the tools on the toolbar to configure your icons—size, colors, and many other settings.
Step 5: Insert data visualization—charts, maps or videos
To insert data visualization, select Tools on the left panel.
To insert a chart
- Select Charts. Then select the chart type on the left panel as indicated below.
- To add data, you can
- manually input data on the spreadsheet,
- import data from your locally saved spreadsheet, or
- insert dynamic data via Google Spreadsheet link.
- Then, go to Settings tab to configure the format and colors.
- Finally, click Insert Chart to add the chart on your canvas.
To insert a map
- Select Maps. Then select the type of map—world map, or regions—on the left panel as indicated below.
- Add data in the Data spreadsheet.
- To change the color of the map, select Settings.
- Finally, click Insert Map to add the map on your canvas.
To insert a video
Select Videos. Insert a Youtube or Vimeo URL on the text box. Then, click Insert.
Step 6 : Save and export.
- To save your infographic, click Save on the top right corner of the toolbar.
- To download your infographic onto your local drive, click Download.
- To publish your infographic to the Web, click Publish. Once you have published your infographic, you can set it to public, select friends, or private.
- To directly share your infographic with friends or on social circles, click Share. You can share via Email, export to other apps, or share it on your social media.
And that’s it! That is all it takes to create an infographic with Piktochart.
If you need more information or support, check out our Resources page for Piktochart videos, ebooks, and other tips on infographic creation.
You can also use Piktochart to create visuals other than infographics. Click through to check them out!