One of the questions we often get at Piktochart: What if your users created really dull infographics, or worse, explode the entire infographic with colourful graphics and a terrible mismatch of colours/designs and lo & behold, They Do Not Even Have Any Quality Data.
That to us, ladies and gentlemen, is an example of a product failure. From a simple prototype which we have built, we have since re-iterated internally so many times, stalling development again and again. Once we thought it was Eureka, yet another user proved us wrong when he/she did not know how to use a particular button or did not know where to drag something into.
Preliminary look into our most current “prototype” layouts:
We arrived at this point after 5, no…. 10 iterations (roughly). We have almost lost count of the number of napkin sketches we have done. There is plenty more to come… But the point is:
You We Can Make The World A Better Place With Proper Data Stories
Do you know what is the impact of well-thought-of data?
It provides the users with the following benefits:
- Takes the essence of the data immediately
- Make their own judgement of what to think of that particular set of data- it starts conversations, it gets the brain running
- Feel compelled to “react” to the data
- Distracts them from the main point of the presentation
- Little or no take-away/value to the user (to the point there is no point of reading it)
- There might be some “Whats” answered, very little “How” or “Why” answered